Learn the cause and how to resolve the ORA-00995 error message in Oracle.
When you encounter an ORA-00995 error, the following error message will appear:
- ORA-00995: missing or invalid synonym identifier
You tried to CREATE or DROP a synonym, but the name of the synonym that you used was either missing or invalid.
The option(s) to resolve this Oracle error are:
Correct the name of the synonym.
Synonym names must meet the following criteria:
- Must begin with a letter.
- Must consist of alphanumeric characters or the following special characters: $, _, and #.
- Can not be reserved words.
- Must be no more than 30 characters in length.